We had conferences for Jonathan and I am pleased with the results. He is a very smart kid, loves to learn, is very friendly and is a good kid.
In talking with other parents I learn quickly that Jonathan is talk of there house. I then ask is it good? You never know...and yes it is. He has a lot of friends that he has grown with. I am very thankful that we are blessed with Jonathan. We have been through a lot and having Jonathan is such a joy. I don't know where I would be without him.
Mike has been such a good dad! Many times I forget that Mike is not his biological father. On that note, we did tell Jonathan that he does have another dad out there. I was really scared of what he would say or do. He really didn't seem to care much, but at least the truth is out there now. Mike concluded with giving him a neat book. "I Love you through and through." It has been a tradition now that Mike reads that to him every night. I don't know if Jonathan will have more questions about this later or if he really will ever care. All I know is that I am very thankful that Jonathan has a great Daddy now! The other night Jonathan woke up crying at 5:30 am and wanted to call Daddy to tell him he loved him. I was little scared about what Mike would say but he woke up right away and said the right things to Jonathan causing him to fall back to sleep right after there conversation.
Jonathan is such a wonderful big brother!!! The other day Owen just started clapping and he said Owen I'm so proud of you, I'm glad I taught you that. Tonight Owen stood up by himself for a few seconds and Jonathan stopped what he was doing and came over to Owen and gave him a big hug and a kiss and said Owen I'm so proud of you. It's such a joy seeing Jonathan act like that towards Owen.
Owen has been getting a personality to call his own. He is still a Mommy's boy but he's starting to laugh more, get into things, play by himself and try to tackle Jonathan. Since Mike is away at school I decided it is time to play "mean" mom. I put him to bed awake, tonight he was asleep less than 15 minutes. And in the middle of the night if he wakes up (and he does) I just let him go. In the past we would rock him but since he's a year now, it's time. It's just bittersweet to me that my kids are growing up so fast. Owen is still not walking but he does walk around the furniture at a fast speed. He also likes to walk behind his toys. On Sunday he did take one step trying to follow Mike out the door. I'm afraid that it's closer to the time he will be walking on his own.
With the weather getting warmer I try to get the boys out once if not twice a day. Last fall we purchased a swing set but since winter was coming we didn't use it a lot. Well so far this season it has been used. Jonathan loves it! And Owen well, he likes the slide but that's it. We have a dolphin swing for him but he just cries. However he does like to stand up on slide platform and go down the slide.
Sorry for no pictures I just thought I would update you guys on the boys. Just for the record I did try to get a picture of the boys today but it just was not working out. I will try another day. I will also try to be more active on updating this blog I know I have been slacking.
1 comment:
Thanks, Lori. I'll keep checking. I love keeping up on the boys and the family.
Post a Comment